A professional builder is a general building work contractor who can put your whole project together. The builder will assume complete responsibility for the work contracted and give you a warranty once completed.
Professional builders, such as HIA builders, Master Builders offer:
- an extensive business network of suppliers, trades, installers and experts that they draw on as required for your project.
- understanding of all the aspects of construction in detail and knowing how houses work. They can assess your renovation and explain what is involved, as well as identify potential problems and provide solutions.
- advice on the most suitable approach if your project requires design services, and recommendations for a design professional if needed. Some builders offer both design and construction services. Alternatively, some builders are experienced in working with architects or building designers.
- extensive knowledge of and experience using the latest products and materials. They keep up-to-date and can help you make the selections that will work best for your project and budget.
- great awareness of all the regulations and codes in your council area and how the system works.
- discussion with you to determine the right budget for your renovation. Their knowledge of the cost of materials and labour and therefore are in the best position to offer realistic cost effective construction, to achieve your renovation goals.
- a written contract that clearly describes the work, materials to be used, timelines, price, responsibilities of both parties and other details as appropriate.
- the ability to organise and manage a project – scheduling workers, trades and delivery of materials; keeping track of expenses; maintaining a clean and safe work site; and minimising the inconvenience to you. When necessary, they know how to deal with the unexpected and the surprises that sometimes occur in a renovation.
- most importantly, prioritising the customer. Professional builders listen carefully so they know what you want. They provide you with names of previous customers so you can check out the company’s track record yourself. They explain the process so you know what to expect, and once the work begins they give you regular updates so you always know what’s going on. They also encourage you to voice any questions or concerns you may have as the work progresses. In brief, they work for you and with you to make sure that you are satisfied and happy with the final results.
Ten Good Reasons for Hiring a Professional Builder
(And ten good reasons why you should choose a professional!)
- From start to finish. A professional builder will help you to put it all together – from ideas to design, from products to plans, from construction to completion.
- Experienced advice. A professional builder has the experience and knowledge to help turn your ideas into great results. They listen, make suggestions, and look for the best way of doing things.
- Technical know-how. Professional builders understand construction, how to deal with challenges and problems, and how to improve the comfort of your home.
- Expert teamwork. Behind every professional builder, there is a solid network of staff, subcontractors and suppliers ready to go to work for you.
- A proven track record. Their business is an open book. You are invited to talk with past customers, look at their previous work and check out their reputation.
- Accurate pricing. No need to be concerned about low-ball costing, inferior work or escalating prices once the job begins. Professional builders know what it takes to do something right and how much it costs, and they’ll tell you upfront.
- A written contract. Trust alone is not enough; professionals back it up with a written contract that spells your project out in detail – what, how, who, when and how much.
- Liability insurance and workers compensation coverage. Better safe than sorry. In the unlikely event of an accident or damage to your own or neighbouring properties, a professional builder’s cover protects you from liability and cost.
- Like any other consumer purchase, a professional renovation comes with a warranty on labour. And with professional installation, there is no risk of voiding the manufacturer’s warranties on materials and products.
- Service, service, service. Professional builders are in business for the long term. They work hard to earn your trust and make every renovation a great experience.
Note our blog image – this is the result of working with a professional builder!